Cypress Turn includes 15 townhome units and 4 courtyard homes. The sizes range from 2,000 – 3,000 sq. ft. two story units. Lawn and building maintenance is included in the homeowner’s association assessment (See schedule of fees for the assessment amount). These townhomes border Gray Bayou which provides a natural habitat for many species of waterfowl.
The courtyard homes are one story homes that look onto Gray Bayou. Lawn maintenance is provided (See schedule of fees for the assessment amount).
NOTE: This supplement in addition to and not in lieu of the general requirements of the Design Guidelines. Specific areas where variances are allowed are outlined below. Except as amended or modified for the neighborhood identified above, the General Design Guidelines shall apply.
Architectural Standards: See pre-approved plans.
Size modifications or enhancements to the pre-approved plans are not permitted without further review. Any new plans must be presented to the New Construction Committee (NCC) for approval. After close of sale from builder to homeowner, any exterior changes must be presented to the NCC for approval.
Square Footage Requirements:
- The minimum air-conditioned living area of any one-story residence shall be two thousand (2,000) square feet. In the case of a two-story residence the minimum air-conditioned living area of the ground floor shall be one thousand eight hundred (1,800) square feet.
- The maximum air-conditioned living area of any residence shall be three thousand (3,000) square feet.
Views to the underside of decks must be screened with underpinning (latticing or vertical slats, etc.) and/or landscape material large enough to provide screening upon installation. Decks more than 3’ above grade must have underpinning and plant materials.
Porch and covered entry stoop ceilings should be of wood bead board, v-groove or batten design with no visible perforation of joints.
Porch screening colors shall complement and blend with the house (Black or copper is preferred, green is not allowed). Aluminum framing and screen door may be allowed with prior approval by the NCC. Aluminum framing and screen door colors must be black or bronze only. No mill-finish aluminum will be allowed as a framing for a porch.
All houses must have a front porch or covered entry stoop. Decks, patios, and screened porches are allowed off the rear of the house.
Porches shall have a minimum projection of 8 feet. Covered entry stoops shall have a minimum front projection of 4 feet and a maximum projection of 6 feet. No porch shall exceed 12 feet in front projection. Porch floor treatments may include wood decking, brick, brick edged, and divided concrete, stone or tile. Composite materials for deck flooring is accepted, with approval of the NCC.
Post or column mounted lights must be drawn and submitted for approval by the NCC.
- A servitude for the installation and maintenance of utilities, 15’ in width, is hereby established and created adjacent to the front property line of each Unit. The front property line shall be the easterly line adjacent to Gray Bayou Pond. Likewise, a servitude for the installation and maintenance of utilities, 15’ in width, is hereby established and created adjacent to the rear property line of each Unit. The rear property line shall be the westerly line adjacent to the Cypress Turn Townhomes. Likewise, a servitude for the installation and maintenance of utilities is hereby created on each Unit, and will be located where necessary, and be only as large as necessary, to run, connect, and maintain utility services to each residence. The location and size of these servitudes will be determined by, and at the sole discretion of, the Declarant, the Builder, and the utility providers. All dedications, limitations and reservations shown on any subdivision plat of the Property, grants and dedications of servitus, rights-of-ways and related rights made by Declarant affecting the Property are incorporated herein by reference and made a part of these Restrictions for all purposes, as if fully set forth herein, and shall be construed as being adopted in each and every contract, deed or conveyance executed or to be executed by or on behalf of Declarant conveying any part or portion of the Property.
- The front setback of all Units shall be a minimum of 15’-0” from their front property lines. The front property line shall be the easterly line adjacent to Gray Bayou Pond.
- The rear setback for all Units shall be a minimum of 20’-0” from their rear property lines. The rear property line shall be the westerly line adjacent to the Cypress Turn Townhomes.
- The north side setback of Unit # 1 shall be a minimum of 5’-0” from its north side property line. The north side setbacks of Unit #’s 2, 3 & 4 shall be a minimum of 3’-0” from their north side property lines. The south side set-backs of Unit #’s 1, 2 & 3 shall be a minimum of 3’-0” from their south side property lines. The south side set-back of Unit # 4 shall be a minimum of 6’-0” from its south side property line. No residence shall be closer to any other residence than 6’-0”.
All dimensions specified above shall be exclusive of roof overhangs.
- Unit #1 – north side fencing, if used, shall be open fencing, i.e. aluminum or wrought iron. Closed fencing is not allowed. Screening, if necessary or desired, can be accomplished with landscaping in lieu of fencing.
- All Units – courtyard fencing to be maximum 6 foot tall brick or wrought iron fencing or a combination of brick and wrought iron installed by Builder.
If any homeowner chooses to add or modify fencing at a later date, owner must submit to the NCC for approval.
- Physical terrain of the site
- Views from the site
- Views to the site from adjacent lots
- Natural amenities
- existing vegetation
- existing water and drainage
- golf course
- open space
- Driveway access
- Height of structures
No bulldozing or clearing of trees shall be commenced until plans and specifications showing the nature, kind, shape and location of work have been submitted and approved by the NCC. Fill shall not be deposited at any location without prior NCC approval. Cuts and fills and drainage should be designed to complement the natural topography of the site. Each lot is responsible for drainage of all surfacewater within the confines of its own lot.
Swimming pools are not permitted on the street side of the residence without permission of the NCC.
Accessory structures, such as playhouses or doghouses, shall be permitted only with specific written approval of the NCC. No tool sheds or other exterior buildings will be allowed.
No decorative objects such as sculptures, birdbaths, fountains, and the like shall be placed or installed on any lot without approval of the NCC. Fountains may be erected in the front and sides cape of the home, only if in a courtyard, where it’s not seen from the street or golf course and approved by the NCC. In the rear of the home, fountains may be erected if massed properly by landscaping, but must also be approved by the NCC.
Clotheslines shall not be permitted on lots.
Tennis Courts are allowed only with the permission of the NCC.
Basketball goals must be mounted on freestanding black metal poles and have clear backboards. Goals should be located in side or rear yards and oriented for minimal visual impact from the street. Submit site plan for approval. Basketball goals mounted to the house structure are not permitted.
Play equipment shall be allowed, however, restrictions of their location and screen shall be enforced. All play equipment shall be restricted to backyards. Brightly colored metal equipment is discouraged. Wood and recycled play equipment is highly encouraged. Trampolines are not allowed in the neighborhoods of Camellia, Primrose, Azalea, and Cypress due to size of the property and lawn maintenance issues.
Blow up toys and Jumping-Air-Houses can be up for a maximum of three days.
All permanent vehicles are to be parked within a garage. Lawn equipment and Recreational vehicles, such as boats, motor homes, and campers may only be stored on-site a maximum of 24 hours unless fully garaged. Otherwise, they shall be stored in an area off-site.
The use of unlicensed non street legal recreational vehicles, including golf car, four wheelers, go carts, motorized scooters, off road vehicles, or any other type of non licensed recreational vehicle, on the city streets, sidewalks, cart paths, trails, privately owned lots, or on surrounding Graywood property is strictly prohibited.
Boats, rafts, or other recreational equipment is not allowed on any waterways or body of water within Graywood.
Subject to the Repair & Maintenance Easement and the Restrictions on Owners described above, a perpetual and exclusive Courtyard and Landscaping Easement is hereby created on the property of Unit #’s 1, 2 & 3 adjacent to their south side property lines extending north to the brick facade of each said Unit. Each adjacent Unit to the south of each said Unit is granted perpetual and exclusive use of these Courtyard and Landscaping Easements as a permanent part of their courtyard and landscaping areas. No immovable property shall be placed in this easement other than fencing, privacy walls, etc. installed by Builder. Builder shall furnish each Owner with a Landscaping Plan indicating any Landscaping Easements on, or adjacent to, their Unit and how the Landscape Easements are to be used.
It shall be the responsibility of the owners or occupants of each Unit to take appropriate measures, whether by landscaping or otherwise to protect his Unit from water running off of his or an adjacent Unit’s roof. However, neither the Declarant, the Builder, nor any owner shall have any liability or otherwise be responsible to any owner for any damage caused by such runoff.